html

Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter time!!!

Good morning!!! Once again I apologize that I am a horrible blogger! I need to get better at this!


Easter is around the corner (2 days away) so I began to search some sites for a great dessert to make! It has become a tradition for me to bake something on the holidays. My usual fall-back plan is cupcakes or cookies....I wanted to change it up this time! I wanted to make sure the dessert was yummy and festive!


That is when I found this beautiful cake!!! I will be baking this baby either Saturday night (late) or really early Sunday morning!




Here's the recipe, thanks to Sweets by Patter Pinner, just incase you feel like whipping one of these up this weekend!



STRAWBERRY CAKE


1 (18.5 ounce) box white cake mix (w/o pudding)

1 (3 ounce) package strawberry jello

1 TBL self-rising flour

4 tsp granulated sugar

3/4 cup vegetable oil

4 eggs

1/2 cup water

1/3 cup fresh strawberries, finely diced


*Preheat oven to 350 degrees


*Combine the cake mix, jello, and sugar in large bowl

*Mix well

*Add oil

*Add eggs (one at a time-beating well)

*Add water and strawberries (mix well)

*Divide batter evenly into three 8-inch round baking pans (floured & oiled)

*Bake 25-35 min (toothpick should come out clean)


*Transfer the cake layers to wire racks to cool (10 min)

*Run knife around inside of pan edge (remove cake from pan and let it cool completely)


CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:


1 (8 ounce) block cream cheese (softened)

2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter (softened)

2 (1 pound) boxes powdered sugar

pinch of salt

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 cup sweetened shredded coconut

pink food coloring

4 strawberries (sliced)


*Combine cream cheese and butter

*Beat until soft and pliable (no lumps)

*Add one box of powdered sugar, salt, and vanilla extract

*Beat until all mixed in

*Add second box of powdered sugar

*Beat until all mixed in


*Place coconut in small bowl, add two-three drops of pink food coloring

*Mix with hands

*Frost cake

*Decorate top of cake with colored coconut and sliced strawberries


Let me know how this turns out!!!! This will be my first time making it as well!


ENJOY!


HAPPY EASTER!!!


-Ashley



No comments:

Post a Comment